Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring is Sprung

When we were little, my mom would sing us this little tune that her dad, my Grandpa Giba used to sing to let us know when it was spring. And although it isn't technically spring, I thought it was the most spring like day we've had yet. It goes like this, "Spring is sprung, the grass is ris, I wonder where the flowers is?" :) it doesn't make that much sense in theory, but I like it, and I will probably say it to my children one day.

Also, tonight, being St. Patrick's Day, our family always (usually) gets together with the Baumgartens. Well a stupid, stupid, someone that Community School of the Arts (where I take my watercolor class every Tuseday night) should have spring break next week, when it is spring, rather than on a holiday. I'm; sooo bummed that I have to miss family and food, two of my favorite things in the world. :) But I am learning a lot in my class. My teacher is wonderful, so nice and she's a really talented artist. She helped me make the Riverdance picture, she gave me lots of tips, and it wasn't even a painting that I did for class, it was one that my friend asked me to paint. I was really greatful for her tips, and I think it came out pretty well. :)

I hope everyone has a good St. Patty's Day. ERIN GO BRAUGH! (I think that's it).
-Happy birthday brother Chris!

1 comment:

  1. That was a stupid person who put your watercolor class on a national holiday... must have been a man. ;) Jokester.

    I hope the flowers come soon :) then we can sit outside and read and roll around in the flowers so we smell like them all the tiiiime!

    ReplyDelete